A beautifully-situated parkland course, overlooking the Cromarty Firth and surrounding hills of Easter Ross and the Black Isle, Alness Golf Club was established in 1904.
The last five holes run alongside the River Averon, offering a contrast from the previous holes. The course was extended from 9 to 18 holes in 1997 and offers a challenge to all levels of golfer. At 4886 yards, it is not a long course but it is tight one, and the small greens can test and promote skilful approach shots.
The new clubhouse was officially opened in 2000 and offers all facilities. The comfortable lounge has views over the town of Alness, known for its floral displays which regularly win Britain in Bloom and Scotland in Bloom trophies.