Nigg Old Church

Nigg, Tain, Ross-shire, IV19 1QR
01862 851222

The beautiful Nigg Old Church (main picture above) can trace its origins back to 1296 when the parson, John of Dunbretan, swore loyalty to King Edward of England. The present structure was built in 1626 and contains the internationally renowned eighth-century Pictish cross-slab, recently re-displayed with new lighting and interpretation. The quality and skill of the intricate carving makes the Nigg Cross-Slab one of the finest crosses of its period in all of Europe. Well worth a visit!

WebsiteEmail